Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where do we go now?


Fulton Sweet Child of Vine
With a name hinting at a popular song from my teenage years I couldn't just kick it down the line.
This is another local MN product I snatched while on my fast trip to the Nations northland. By the way, if your ever in Rochester MN, stop at the Cap and Cork, a good selection of craft beers and a really nice owner.

Bottle and label nothing to really talk about, kind of an interesting brewery symbol but would have been something I passed over if not for the name of the beer. Pours a deep coppery red with a nice fluffy beige head. The aroma was mild with sweet caramel malt under whiffs of citrus and herbal hops. Taste was a nice but slightly tilted towards bready grains and sweet toffee with a delicate hop punch of piney resin and grapefruit/citrus. Nice mediumish body with a high level of carbonation that ends slightly bitter with an earthy dryness. Overall a tasty beer that seems to fall somewhere along the lines of an English ipa malt bill and a American ipa hop profile. If I had to put a voice to it, I'd say more Sheryl Crow than Axl Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment