Thursday, June 21, 2012

You Scream I Scream, We All Should Scream For Beer Ice Cream


So I found this article on how to make ice cream using beer. It sounded tasty
http://www.theawl.com/2012/06/how-to-make-beer-ice-cream

A Taste Sensation
 Having bought my wife an ice cream maker a few years back and the lack of use from it, I decided to send her the link. Besides, during the summer months she is always mentioning how she would like to make more ice cream and with fathers day coming up it seemed like a good idea hint, hint. She agreed after having received the email and link to set out to make it. She let me pick the beer and after an intense inner debate, I decided it was easiest to use the beer recommended in the article, The Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout. I almost went for the Boulevard Dark Truth Stout but the sweetness of the Southern Tier seemed logical.
A sweet beer for a sweet father? To be debated.

This is definitely a sweet beer. You can smell the vanilla and sweetness the moment the top pops off. Taste wise its heavy on both aspects with a dark roasted coffee background. It's tasty, but not something I can drink a lot of, so using 8oz for the ice cream was much appreciated.

The Ice cream was very flavorful, hints of vanilla and coffee dominated the dessert that had an almost maple syrup sugary taste to it. Overall I really enjoyed it and hope in the future to try some other beer ice creams. Perhaps a O'fallon wheach, Left Hand Milk Stout, or even something like Boulevard Zon made like a sherbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment