Thursday, April 12, 2012

You Better Run



The Honey Rye Ale is fermenting away nicely. As you can see the Kolsch yeast on the right has really gone wild and the Northwest yeast on the left has been bubbling away steadily. With the summer warm months approaching i really need to get another digital temperature controller. The one i do own is currently working away on a fridge packed full with a lagering oktfest beer and two versions of cream ales. I got two more empty fridges but alas nothing to maintain their temps. Fortunately the basement seems to be running fairly consistent on temp and is doing the job on the honey rye. I'm not sure which one is bothering my wife more, all the fridges I have or the glass analog thermometers i have placed around the house for possible future beer fermenting occupancy. With the threat of frost in the KC area the last couple of days, I've had to cover my newly planted hops. The frost never seemed to happen but i figure better safe than sorry. National Homebrew Day is arriving on May 5 and my grain store Bacchus & Barleycorn are is planning a celebration. In their lot they are planning on let people come hang out, bring their brewing systems, and make some beer. I'm thinking I just may have to do it. It sounds fun and it will get me out of having to do that crazy Warrior Dash on the same day my wife has been asking me to do with her. Last year a couple people died doing the Warrior Dash. I'd rather take my chances brewing beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment